Artificial intelligence is really one of the most revolutionary technologies of recent years. The introduction of Artificial intelligence (AI) and Machine learning (ML) in science, medicine, business, transportation, manufacturing, finance, education, industry, and IT is projected to bring $15.7 trillion to the global economy by 2035. Artificial intelligence creates and destroys professions, speeds up research and information search, and creates competition for jobs with humans. However, job platforms and recruiting services also use this technology.
It should be noted that even without artificial intelligence, traditional hiring paradigms are in the midst of transformational changes. But advanced AI technologies are improving and changing the way businesses identify and attract talent.
Artificial intelligence, as we will see below, is becoming a tool for a more sophisticated and efficient approach to talent acquisition systems. At the very least, hiring processes are becoming smarter and more intuitive.
In his column, Poonam Raju Mantena, a member of the Forbes Council, suggests considering the following scenario: as a job seeker, you have set your sights on a position in a well-known company. Instead of your CV getting lost in a sea of resumes, AI and ML algorithms come into play. These algorithms analyze your competencies and experience, matching you with the perfect role. This is similar to how a personalized job seeker works tirelessly to create a great match. This example highlights the transformative potential of AI and ML in recruitment. By automating the initial assessment of candidates, these technologies allow recruiters to focus on higher-level tasks such as building relationships, assessing cultural fit, and developing long-term talent strategies.
This is the model implemented by the DecisionWanted.com platform. Thanks to the capabilities of artificial intelligence and machine learning, the platform implements skills-based recruitment, an approach that tests specific competencies and goes beyond specialties to focus on the skills of candidates that can be applied to the position.
Unlike standard job search sites, the DecisionWanted platform implements a true skills-based search. This means that you get detailed information about each candidate’s skill:
- Level (subjective assessment of the candidate and other users of the system).
- Experience (time of direct application of the skill).
These are the characteristics that distinguish regular tags from skills.
What other concepts can change the hiring process?
For example, recruiters can predict whether a candidate will accept a job offer based on data analytics without writing a single line of code.
Or imagine complex models that analyze social media, blogs, and more to extract deeper insights into candidates’ personalities than what a traditional resume can reveal.
Here are some other ways AI can be used in recruiting:
- Resume analysis: AI can automatically analyze and categorize candidates’ resumes by key skills, experience, and education.
- Candidate search: AI can quickly scan various sources, such as resume databases, social media profiles, websites, and other sources, to find potential candidates.
- Automated screening: AI can use pre-configured criteria to screen candidates, weeding out those that don’t meet the job requirements.
- Candidate tracking: Applicant relationship management systems (ATSs) use AI to track candidates, send notifications, and schedule interviews.
- Analytics: AI helps to collect and analyze data on the effectiveness of recruitment processes, which allows you to improve your hiring strategy.
- Collaboration with candidates: AI can maintain interactive communication with candidates, answer questions, and send updates on the status of their applications.
- Virtual assistants: In some cases, AI-powered virtual assistants can conduct preliminary interviews with candidates, which can save recruiters time.
At the same time, it is important to mention certain risks. While artificial intelligence and machine learning can make the hiring process more efficient, there are concerns about over-automation, so today’s recruiters need to find a balance between automation and human judgment in selecting candidates. By relying too much on candidate screening algorithms, you can inadvertently filter out potentially qualified individuals who do not meet predefined criteria. But platforms do all the hard, laborious, and complex work for you. At least that’s how it works at DecisionWanted.com. Instead of spending an hour communicating and realizing that a candidate or a job is not a good fit, you immediately receive a detailed matching report on DecisionWanted. You can quickly understand whether to continue the conversation or move on to other options.
Artificial intelligence is truly ushering in a new era in talent acquisition. The combination of new AI and machine learning technologies is reshaping the way we hire, replacing outdated methods with data-driven approaches. AI and ML are not fleeting trends, these technologies will continue to push the recruitment industry and, undoubtedly, those who start using them today will be the first to market.
Try the DecisionWanted job and talent search platform and learn the machine learning-based skills-based approach that guarantees a more efficient and accurate candidate selection.